Monday, March 10, 2014

KTM 690 Enduro R USB GPS power plug installation


This is my third bike I've installed the  USB power plug. It has always performed flawlessly. I opted for a Burnsmoto USB socket because it takes less space than a bulky cigarette lighter type plug AND most devices I use (GoPro cameras, GPS navigators, phones etc.) can be charged via USB. I can also use the same compact charging cable for many devices and storage it under the seat.

The 690 Enduro R has a cable for powering various devices ready and hidden behind the headlight. It us just a matter of unscrewing the two bolts on the sides of the headlight and digging the ends out. The one I used was marked  ACC2 which means it's only hot when the key is turned so there is no chance of a GPS to drain the battery if left on unintentionally. (there is also a an always hot ACC1 plug behind there)

I Shortened the wires of the plug, but left some coiled up behind the headlight in case I needed a few inches of play at some point. I did not bother to fasten the plug end to anything. It stays pretty much put as it is now.

KTM 690 Enduro R ACC2 wires
Here is what you are looking for.

You can see the ACC2 marking on the wire


KTM 690 Enduro R ACC2 wires
ACC2 wires

KTM 690 Enduro R burnsmoto plug
Burnsmoto plug
KTM 690 Enduro R Ram Mount ball
Ram Mount ball for the GPS holder

KTM 690 Enduro R with Bags-Connection / SW-Motech GPS mount
KTM 690 Enduro R with Bags-Connection / SW-Motech GPS mount


1 comment:

  1. What GPS do you recommend. My husband has a 2016 KTM 690R. The Tom Tom got bad reviews, is that what you are using now? I want to find one for off road trail riding and also street addresses for when he's on rode. Thanks! LK

    ReplyDelete